Gollu doll Display ....

There is something I really want to share with my friends on this festive time. Yesterday, I was invited to my neighbour's place for Gollu doll celebration. First I was little confused, what kind of dolls and display and celebration. But thanks for being part of this world, to my friends and their talented, creative and beautiful blogs. I searched and get all information about Gollu Doll Display. I was all prepared to go there and participated in all fun and festivity.(I even sang one of mata's song) I made Black Channa Sundal for the first time and thank you again, it comes out really good.
I want to take this opportunity to thank every one of you in this blog world, for sharing all festivity, happiness and love in a form of sweet, tangy, tasty, delicious recipes.

This is the picture I click at my neighbour's place.

GOLLU DOLL DISPLAY

The display was really beautiful and nicely done. In US where festivals come and go without knocking on the door, this experience was really serene. My neighbour welcomed us in a maroon silk sari, looking beautiful. (I was feeling bad for loosing one opportunity to wear sari in US)
We had delicious prasadam of sundal, wadas and payassam. In an hour it was a short visit of back home.

Chickpea Sundal-


1 cup boiled white Chickpeas
1 cup boiled black Chickpeas
2 tsp Oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1 green Chili chopped
5-6 Curry leaves
1/2 cup shredded Coconut
Salt to taste.
Turmeric Pd just a pinch
pinch of hing too

Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, when they start popping, add hing, green chili and curry leaves. Give it a stir and add both chickpeas, haldi and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes, add coconut and mix well.
Sundal is ready for Nivedyam.


I have 0ne more post for Lakshmi's Navratri and Navratri Food Event



Labels: , ,