As Cool As Cucumber.......


Are they really cool ??? Well I searched and my research says... It's true! They says..It's much cooler inside of a cucumber than outside! So with out any wait take advantage of this fact by eating lots of cooling cucumbers on coming hot summer days. We can do so many things with it. Add cucumber slices to salads, sandwiches (my all time favourite), wraps, cold noodle dishes or pasta salads. But I like my "Desi" recipes like Matra chaat with cucumber,Upma with cucumber, desi style canapes with corn and cucumber and lastly my favourite favourite "CUCUMBER RAITA" .

Cucumber Raita
1 Cucumber- Grated
2 cups of yogurt (if thick add water)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds pd (I like it more)
R-chilli pd to taste
Chaat masala and chopped coriander leaves (optional)

Whisk yogurt with salt until smooth. Add grated cucumber and rest of the ingredients in it.
Mix well and chilled until the time you want to serve.

It goes well as a dip and foods like stuffed parantha, pulav or just cucumber raita on hot summer day.
This recipe is well suited for AFAM:Cucumber event hosted by Neha of Tasty Recipes
Thank You Neha and Thank You Maheshwari of Beyond The Usual for starting it.

Labels: , , , , ,