Glimpse of my favourite Color......



I never used to like saag before my marriage. Mom always had a tough time when ever she made (no matter how tempting it sound) Makke ki Roti aur Sarson ka Saag. After Marriage I slowly discovered Vegetables, fruits or matter of fact "everything" I hated all these years. Everything I hated have special likeness in my Hubby's life. I started with " I'll cook it for You" and ended up liking everything I hated before. ( Credit goes to my laziness for not to cook for myself)
Now, Karela, baigun, saag, beans ..........I can eat anything, not just eat I really like them.(Setting a good example for my son)And my parents are happy too.

Sarson Ka Saag
1 Bunch Sarson (Mustard Green) - Washed
1 Bunch Palak (Spinach) - Washed
1 Big Onion - Finely Chopped
Ginger- Garlic - Finely Chopped
1 Green Chili - Chopped
1 Tomato - Finely chopped
2 tbsp Makki ka Atta
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Turmeric Pd
Red Chili Pd or whole Dried Red Chili - Acc.to taste
1/2 tsp Amchoor Pd

Mix the greens and boil in enough water for 3-5 minutes. (Try not to cover while boiling to retain green color ) Let it cool down for some time before grinding it in to smooth paste.
Heat oil/ghee/butter in a pan and add ginger-garlic, green chili and onion. Fry onion until soft and then add makki ka atta.
Fry it at least for a minute on medium flame and add tomato and rest of the masalas. Mix it well and fry till the oil separates from the gravy. Now its time to add pureed greens, mix it well and add water if needed. Cook it for 15-20 minutes on low flame. Mix Amchoor pd and serve garma garm with makki ki roti, gur, mirchi ka achar and mint raita.
I garnished it with ginger and cubes of butter.

This recipe goes to Food In Colours started by Sunshinemom and hosted by Sweatha of Curry Leaf FIC-Favourite this month.

My fav. color is green that signifies Life, Nature, Growth and Harmony.

Labels: , , ,