Home-Style Palak Paneer and an Award!!


PALAK PANEER

This palak paneer recipe is a typical home style recipe with basic ingredients and very important lal mirch ka tadka (red chilli tempering) before serving. Red chilli should be coarsely grinded for more taste. (My mother still believes in grinding all the masalas at home) They gives more taste and color.
Ingredients-
1 bunch chopped spinach (palak)
1 cup paneer cubes
2 tbsp oil + 2 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp sweet corn flour (makai ka aata)
3/4 cup yogart (or cream, if you wish)
Salt to taste
2 Green Chillies- finely chopped
1 tsp chopped Ginger
1 small onion - finely chopped
2 small tomatoes - finely chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp garam masala

Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry paneer till golden. Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside. Cook spinach with little water until all soft and grind it in a grinder. ( Basically in old times spinach was roughly mashed with spatula instead of grinding in a grinder) Heat oil in a pan, add onions, green chillies and ginger. Fry onions till soft and light brown. Add tomatoes and fry until soft and pulpy. Add all masalas (turmeric pd, corriander pd, cumin pd, garam masala and salt) Fry for 30 seconds and add grinded spinach in it. Mix it well and give it a boil. Mix maize flour and yogart and add it in a spinach. Mix it well and cook till you can see oil on the surface. Now add fried paneer cubes cook another 2 minutes and palak paneer is ready to eat. Do not forget to temper palak paneer with desi ghee and red chillies before serving.
(It was really difficult to type this post while helping my son reading new words, green, frog, peas, pear....gosh sorry for the mistakes.)

Now comes the important news........horray got an award !!!!!



Thank U Bergamot and Jyoti , for considering my blog "Kreativ" and sharing this award with me. Thank U very much. Its always nice to get an award, like presents on your birthday.
Every award comes with its own rules. So lets check out terms and conditions of this award.

Terms & Conditions : 1. You must thank the person who has given you the award. 2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. 3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award. 4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting. 5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Blogger. 6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate. 7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

Rotating Thank You Graphic Thank U Bergamot and Jyoti for passing this award to my blog. Thank You very much.

1. I wish if I can have a list of things that people might find interesting in me but there is definitely many things that i find interesting in others. Ooops count as 1.

2. I'm not stingy in appreciating what I like, can be beauty, recipe, art, craft, idea...anything. And I really like this quality in others too. Right this is 2.

3. I like cooking, and most of the time it is not a chore to me.

4. I like inviting people for lunch and dinners but what is more interesting is they think I'm Crazy,and ask me from where I get the time to cook with one Kid. Welcome to blog sphere and discover yourself its not just me.

5. I have a thing for empty glass bottles. It's weird but I always wash and keep them and forget about them when in need.

6. I'm not blindly religious but always wanted to follow all the customs and traditions away from home in US.

7. After 5 years of my marriage either I don't cook at all or if I cook, I still cook for my husband with same love and concern for his likeness. Do I need to prove.....blushing....

Now comes the nominations. There are many blogs I like and appreciate for their creative works. But I'm sure they already got this award long before.

Purva's Daawat
Simply Delicious
Daily Meals
Red Chillies
Archy's Recipes
Mom's Recipes
Enjoy Indian Food

Congratulations, and getting award second or third time still not bad you guys deserve more...

P.S- Thank You very much Sangi for the awards, next post is all about your tag, awards and a recipe dedicated for you.

Labels: , , , ,