Shri Satyanarayan Pooja


Yesterday I performed Satyanarayan Pooja at home. Purnima/full moon day is considered as an auspicious day to perform this Pooja. This is one of the widely performed pooja in different states of India.
Satyanarayan pooja brings prosperity, peace and happiness in life. This pooja is also a medium to thank God for giving us happiness and harmony in our lives.
Though faith, belief and God are same for the pooja but we can see and appreciate regional influences in different types of prasad/bhog offered to god. I'm from U.P and in my home my mom makes Kasar and Panchamrit every month for pooja. (I used to love panchamrit a lot and always asked my mom to gave me in a big bowl.)
This is the second time I'm doing this pooja away from home in US. Thank You mom for my upbringing and rooting traditions and customs in me. They are helping me in making home away from home.

This is the small Platfrom I Sthapit and decorated for pooja.

I used cover page of my story book as my idol to worship.

Talking about prasad this is my recipe-
KASAR or Prasad for Shri Satyanarayan Pooja
1 cup wheat Flour
2 tsp Ghee
2 tbsp grated coconut
few raisins
1/4 tsp Cardamom Pd
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
chopped nuts
Banana pieces

Heat ghee in a thick-bottomed pan and add wheat flour in it.
Keep stirring continuously until you get nice brown color and a mild smell of roasted wheat. Now add all the other ingredients leaving sugar. Mix it well and keep it aside to cool down.
Now add sugar mix it well and give to family members with banana slices after pooja.

Panchamrit
Yogurt
Milk
Honey
Tulsi Leaves
Saffron/Nuts

Mix well all the ingredients Panchamrit is ready for the bhog.


Shri Satyanarayan Bhagwan Ki Jai.

Labels: , , , ,