Happy Karwachauth...


Hi Friends,
Better late than never, I know its almost a week now, but I still want to know 'How was your Karwachauth friends' ??
First of all "Thank You" to my Dear friend Sejal for this Marvellous Mehandi. Thank u Sejal, Sorry for the color, it did came out dark but I can't avoid my hands in water for long so after 24 hours, after all house chores(Thank u US) I was able to retain that much of color.
My Karwachauth was very busy, I wore this black and red sari with matching bangals and bindi. (In US wearing sari is so occasional) Whenever I watch this TV Show "yeh rishta kya kehlata hai" I love watching colorful saris, ethnic jewellery, bangles and bindis. No wonder that's my no 1 reason to watch that show.
Food on KC was very ethnic baniya style, I made Aloo Matar, Kattha mitha Petha(pumpkin), Boondi ka raita, mooli ka lachha, puri and our family's favourite Pude.

Sorry guys, after a long day, no formal table-setting just "Attack".
So food was good but what really able to get wow from my hubby dear was, saving for last sabodane ki kheer.

Sabudana Kheer

1/4 cup Sabodana
2 1/2 cup Milk
1/2 cup Sugar
saffron and Cardamom
Pistachios and grated coconut

Wash the sabudana and soak it overnight in a water to the level of sabodana.
Pour the milk into a wide and thick pan and give it a boil.
Add sugar and cardamom and turn the heat to medium. Stir every now and then to avoid sticking it at bottom. Add the sabudana slowly into the pan.
Add saffron and keep stirring occasionally. Boil it on medium heat until the sabudana's are swollen and translucent.
Add the pistachios. Serve hot or cold.
Really simple to make but too delicious to eat. Can serve cold with fruits of your choice too.

Happy sweet ending for this romantic looooong day!

Labels: , , ,