Rambling of thoughts with- Chocolate Eclairs



My thoughts have no boundaries. Call me dreamy, crazy, thoughtful, contemplative even broody or stupid anything....my brain works overtime... anytime. While sleeping its more fun, my dreams are all about whats in my mind. I can see my thoughts playing real roles in life and that to in colors. Sometimes thoughts brings back all beautiful moments from the past or even makes present colorful and bright thinking about future.
One day while thinking, God knows what.. all I want to eat was Chocolate Eclairs. I remembered how mommy surprised me one evening with my favourite Chocolate Eclairs from my favourite bakery. M was not there and no bakery in the perimeters of my home. The desire was so strong, I googled and Bon Appétit.
First I was really scared with all those fancy names but truth is, if u have a knack for cooking slowly things become easy for u.
I tried and result was very satisfying for me.

CHOCOLATE ECLAIRS
(Courtesy Videojug-- Thank u very much)
for the choux pastry
6 ¾ fl oz water
4 1⁄3 oz butter
1 cups (½ pint) flour
5 eggs
a pinch of salt

for the pastry cream
17 fl oz cream
8 ¾ oz sugar

for chocolate topping
5 1⁄3 oz cooking chocolate
2 1⁄8 oz butter


Boil the water and butter
Place the small pan on a medium heat. Add the water, spoon in the butter, add the salt and bring to the boil.
Preheat oven Set the oven to 375ºF.
Make choux dough
Once boiling, add the flour to the pan of water and stir well with your wooden spoon until it forms a smooth dough. Then set aside to cool.
Make the pastry cream
Begin by adding the cream and sugar into the large bowl. Whisk it continuously until the cream starts to form stiff peaks. Cover the bowl with cling film and place into the fridge until you need to use it.
When the pastry has cooled down add in one egg and thoroughly combine using your wooden spoon, then continue to add all the eggs one by one until the dough has formed a smooth, elastic appearance.
Transfer dough into piping bag. Cover the baking tray with a piece of greaseproof paper and pipe the pastry dough into roughly 3cm wide and 15cm long, log shaped cylinders. (I made smaller) They are now ready to bake.
Place the baking tray into the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Make the chocolate sauce
Whilst the pastry is cooking we can melt the chocolate, so place a pan on a low heat and cover with the bowl of chocolate and butter. Allow to melt slowly.
When cooked remove the cooked eclairs from the oven and allow to cool.
When cooled, slice the length of each of the eclairs with a sharp knife and make a slight opening. Then with a spoon fill all the eclairs with the cream.
With a spoon, dribble the melted chocolate length ways over each eclair and leave them to cool. You could even pop them in the fridge.
Serve these mouth-watering eclairs for dessert or as a special treat

Labels: , , ,